SEO Director (Product)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. The Content Experiences & Platform team is a core product group in NerdWallet, developing our content templates, data structure, and CMS, and setting the standards of excellence in driving content search discoverability, traffic and usage. We are seeking a knowledgeable, methodical, and driven SEO leader to join our team and to further NerdWallet’s domain presence.
The successful candidate will refresh and direct our strategy for growing NerdWallet’s visibility in search to ensure that customers can easily find the authoritative information and tools that NerdWallet offers across all our personal finance offerings. The candidate will also help expand the overall reach of NerdWallet’s offerings and brand, the results of which are measured through improvements in traffic, engagement, and revenue.
The Director of SEO works with all major functions – Product, Engineering, Design, Content, Marketing, PR and Analytics – developing scalable platform, data and design requirements, content strategies and SEO best practices. The position is based in San Francisco and will report into the Head of Content Products.
Where you can make an impact:
- Bring best-in-class expertise and knowledge in SEO
- Be the central expert for SEO best practices at the company and set the standard for the company’s SEO operations
- Drive the company’s site architecture, and work closely with the content, product, and engineering teams
- Establish and grow NerdWallet’s SEO presence and authority in particular horizontal subject areas to help consumers find the right financial information for their needs
- Experienced in the art & science of increasing overall traffic to a consumer content experience
- Able to see the big picture of long-term strategy as well as getting into the weeds of writing product and content requirements
- Comfortable with highly quantitative analysis
- Derive best practices that can be applied across the company
- A strong communicator and influencer; you enjoy working across a diverse team of colleagues and have the ability to get others excited about your initiatives
- 5+ years experience leading SEO initiatives, preferably at a large scale content site
- Technical SEO, keyword analysis
- Analytical tools such as STAT, BrightEdge, GSC, SQL
- SEO on-page optimization
- Link building strategies and guidelines
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
Jobs You May Like
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Configuration Analyst, Senior Associate
Clover Health, San Francisco, CA
Payments - General Applications KSA
noon.com, Riyadh, KSA
Legal Operations Analyst
Slack, San Francisco
Senior Content Accountant
Netflix, Los Angeles, California