SEO Manager/Senior Associate
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. The Content Experiences & Platform team is a core product group in NerdWallet, developing our content templates, data structure, and CMS, and setting the standards of excellence in driving content search discoverability, traffic and usage. We are seeking a knowledgeable, methodical, and driven SEO manager to join our team and to further NerdWallet’s domain presence.
The successful candidate will contribute to our strategy for growing NerdWallet’s visibility in search to ensure that customers can easily find the authoritative information and tools that NerdWallet offers across all our personal finance offerings. The candidate will help expand the overall reach of NerdWallet’s offerings and brand through organic search, the results of which are measured through improvements in traffic, engagement, and revenue. He or she will report on trends in search engine practice, be the primary monitor of our overall SEO health, watching our crawl, indexation, ranking and traffic, as well as ensuring that our business units do not to fall afoul of accepted, consumer-first tactics.
The SEO manager improves the NerdWallet experience as a leader in what we call our SEO Center of Excellence. The candidate works alongside our content optimization specialists to develop house views on best practice, plan and execute experiments, and communicate and roll out feature improvements with Product, Engineering, Design, Content, Marketing, PR and Analytics. The position is based in San Francisco and will report into the Head of Content Products.
Where you can make an impact:
- Bring best-in-class expertise and knowledge in SEO
- Develop, manage and communicate SEO best practices for the company
- Work closely with the content, product, and engineering teams
- Experienced in the art & science of increasing organic traffic to a consumer content experience
- Derive SEO best practices based on quantitative analysis of search data
- Comfortable with technical SEO as well as growth strategies focused on keyword analysis
- Able to get into the weeds of writing product and content requirements
- Adept at communicating and influencing across a diverse team of colleagues
- 2-4 years experience driving SEO initiatives, preferably at a large scale content site
- Technical SEO, keyword analysis
- Analytical tools such as STAT, BrightEdge, GSC, SQL
- SEO on-page optimization
- Link building strategies and guidelines
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.