Product Manager/Senior Product Manager (Home)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet is in the business of putting personal finance knowledge in your wallet with accessible online tools and expert advice. The home buying and owning space is fragmented and antiquated; you would play an integral role in fixing that. Additionally, home financing decisions are complex and unintuitive, and you’ll be tasked with creating a best-in-class marketplace to make these decisions simple for consumers. We are seeking a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager to take our home buying and home owning marketplace consumer experiences to the next level, including enhancing current marketplaces and standing up new marketplaces.
Where you can make an impact:
- Help deliver next-generation personalized marketplace experiences at Nerdwallet that uniquely prioritize the consumer’s best interests.
- Own the marketplace metrics end-to-end, proactively identify issues and opportunities, and surface learnings to help the entire team uplevel marketplace efficiency.
- Lead development of the feature roadmap through conducting user research, analyzing the competitive environment and understanding key product metrics.
- Exhibit sound product judgment and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving business goals.
- Clearly communicate product ideas, user value, and benefits to our users and internal stakeholders.
- Drive new feature development from start to finish - write specs, work cross-functionally with design and engineering, launch features, analyze results, synthesize learnings, and iterate.
- Mentor and develop other members of the product team as we grow and scale.
- A Self-Starter/Team Player Attitude: You are excited by a fast-paced environment and the accountability that comes with owning large projects.
- Solid Business/Strategic Intuition: You are able to identify the right business opportunities, make prioritization calls, and devise clear action plans.
- Strong Product Intuition: You have a clear sense of how to gather insights and synthesize consumer needs.
- Strong Communication Skills: You can look at a complex set of data or user research learnings, synthesize them, and make them accessible to engineers, designers, and executives.
- Consumer-First Mindset: You obsess about how to make product experiences intuitive and ensure that you are prioritizing the consumer’s best interest in product decisions.
- Strong Design Sense: You have a high bar for quality product, and can work through design challenges to make a great product.
- Technical Chops: You speak intelligently with engineers and know how to build incrementally with a focus on the future.
- An Analytical Approach: You can properly evaluate the success or failure of features and use data to guide next steps.
- 2 to 5 years in product management at a consumer internet company.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably from a top tier university.
- Experience at a fast-growing startup with green-field product development.
- Marketplace experience is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front End Web Developer
moovel North America, Portland, OR
Software Engineer Intern
Technical Bra Designer
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Product Planning - Sr. Planner
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Product Design Intern, Summer 2018
Birchbox, New York
Senior Product Designer