Senior Visual Designer
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet’s Content Design team is looking for a skilled Senior Visual Designer to create beautiful and effective visuals for our award winning editorial team. You’ll help ideate, design and execute forward thinking concepts for creative assets deployed across NerdWallet’s publishing platform as well as other strategic channels. With a big picture mindset you will partner with a passionate team of editors, writers, designers and producers to extend the NerdWallet brand into our content. We hope that you are excited about the opportunity to take the visual aesthetic within FinTech to the next level by creating compelling custom content that informs, delights, and engages.
Where you can make an impact:
- Create meaningful designs that represent complex concepts, adding value to our customers and furthering NerdWallet’s mission to add clarity to all of life’s financial decisions.
- Be a thought partner to editors, writers and other various stakeholders, master the creative consult and consistently deliver winning solutions.
- Expand our capabilities, utilizing design in new creative executions that shape the program’s current and future states.
- Refine our approach to creating versatile assets, allow them to thrive on the major platforms we publish our content on.
- Empower your fellow designers by creating scalable resources and guidelines that help with prioritization and consistency.
- Partner with our Public Interest Reporting team to explore compelling new storytelling techniques for investigative journalism. Collaborate with Pulitzer Prize-winning reporters to present impactful and meaningful journalism focused on helping consumers make better financial choices.
- Experienced: a strong portfolio with some best-in-class work, demonstrating 4-6 years of experience.
- Insightful: utilize vision, experience and skill to enhance design and increase efficiency.
- Collaborative: brainstorm and collaborate with various teams as a thought partner, providing useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner. Must be able to clearly communicate your design decisions and present your work to various stakeholders, including those without design knowledge.
- Flexible: able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, shifting gears from mentor to production; an aptitude for time management, organization, and communication.
- Analytical: work as a creative problem solver to contribute innovative ideas that build on data and results from previous projects.
Bonus: You have experience working with an editorial team and/or visualizing financial concepts. You have knowledge of HTML and CSS.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Content Strategist - Support Products
Airbnb, Portland, OR
Entry-Level Design Consultant (Commercial Sector)
IBM, Multiple Cities
Mendix, Boston, MA
Fitbit, US - San Francisco