Business Development & Partnerships Associate
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
*Based in San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)*
NerdWallet is looking to hire a Business Development Associate supporting our Personal and Student Loans business to strengthen NerdWallet’s positioning and value proposition among financial service providers and generate growth.
As a Business Development Associate reporting in to the head of Business Development for Loans, you will be joining a multi-functional team focused on improving our relationships with existing partners, building new relationships with key providers, and overall better positioning the Loans business to maximize revenue growth. You will develop a foundational expertise of the space, how NerdWallet operates, the needs of partners, and how to balance those to better serve consumers.
This is a dynamic, client-facing role requiring proven client management ability and strategic thinking. Our ideal candidate will have functional experience with the Personal Loans affiliate space, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, experience in process development and implementation, and the desire to work in a dynamic environment in a cross-functional organization.
Where you can make an impact:
- Cultivate and build upon existing Partner relationships to drive growth
- Actively manage dynamic site inventory to meet revenue and performance targets across multiple high-impact partnerships
- Identify opportunities to grow the business by pulling actionable insights out of complex data sets and conducting market/competitor research
- Listen to the needs of our Partners and provide constructive feedback on our products and services, helping shape product roadmaps
- Serve up insights on market dynamics by researching and reporting on the competitive landscape
- Manage the monthly forecasting and reporting for a multi-million dollar digital marketing business
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, product and marketing teams to improve business processes and help build the foundation for future growth
- Highly productive: Able to manage partner needs across multiple product categories while coordinating with various internal teams
- Strong business acumen: You seek to understand the drivers of the business and proactively identify opportunities to create value and grow the business
- Analytical: Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Understand how to structure and manipulate data, with a knack for translating data into insight and actions
- Communicator: Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to tailor to your audience
- Creative: Ability to draw upon and leverage past learnings and observations in finding opportunities to solve problems and drive growth
- Organized: Excellent time management and organizational skills. Experience balancing numerous different priorities and demands
- Driven: Goal-oriented and able to strategically overcome objections and competition. Performs well under pressure and against ambitious goals and deadlines
- 3+ years of relevant experience, with at least 1-2 years experience in Personal Loans and/or Affiliate financial lending space
- Proficient in Excel, including basic data modeling and manipulation
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.