NerdWallet, Norwich, UK or Remote (Based in the UK)
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
Position: SEO Manager
Location: Norwich, UK or Remote (Based in the UK)
Employment type: FTE
NerdWallet, a website and mobile app delivering industry-leading financial guidance, tools and independent reviews, is expanding into the UK. Founded in 2009, NerdWallet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with a UK office in Norwich. There’s a team of more than 500 Nerds (including 20+ in the UK) who are on a mission to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions.
We have over 160 million visitors come to us every year as a trusted and objective source for information. We provide consumers with expert and actionable guidance across a range of personal finance topics, including credit cards, banking, loans, investing and general personal finance.
NerdWallet UK is looking for a full-time SEO Manager in the UK. This role supports the Head of SEO in the strategic optimisation of Nerdwallet.com/uk/.
- Passionate about self-improvement and at ease with giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Able to work with equal enthusiasm whether you’re leading a task or working within a team
- Able to collaborate well with key business stakeholders
Where you can make an impact:
Your role will be pivotal in delivering an onsite SEO strategy to help introduce the NerdWallet brand to the UK market.
Working with the Head of SEO to formulate and deliver strategy, your responsibilities will include:
- Drive profitable organic visitor growth for a range of verticals, which will have a direct impact on NerdWallet’s overall performance. You’ll be responsible for understanding trends and performance, forecasting growth, and identifying opportunities to drive increased revenue through traffic growth
- Conducting topic/keyword research to identify audience needs and relevant areas to grow NerdWallet’s organic reach
- Work closely with the editors and writers of your vertical to develop an effective content roadmap
- Analysing and improving crawlability, indexation and optimising on-page SEO factors for key topics/verticals
- Working with our development team to implement onsite SEO changes
- Drive execution and delivery of initiatives following a Hypothesise, Build, Measure, Learn methodology
- Strong influencer and executioner, with the ability to translate recommendations into results
You are someone who:
- Is biased to action: able to quickly make decisions to drive execution, with little oversight; you take responsibility and initiative for shaping strategy and execution
- Is data-driven and analytical: skilled at turning data points into actionable insights; you focus on 80:20 analysis, prioritising speed over perfection; you identify biased/incorrect data and address it appropriately
- Has hands-on experience in analysing and optimising pages for organic search traffic
- Can demonstrate creativity when faced with SEO challenges
- Is highly collaborative and has the ability to network and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Is organised - can project manage several SEO initiatives at any one time across various financial verticals
- Is proficient at measuring organic performance and reporting back to senior stakeholders
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don’t check every box on every job description. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2-4+ years of work experience in SEO/digital marketing at a high growth company or agency
- A track record of delivering SEO recommendations in line with commercial goals
- An understanding of how search engines work and what factors can influence rankings
- Working knowledge of SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Majestic, Google Analytics, Search Console, and others
- Proficient in using analytics tools to drive business insights
- Experience in working with editorial content teams a plus
- This role will be based in Norwich, UK or remote (based in the UK).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- Generous Pension: NerdWallet offers up to 6% matched pension contribution
- 25 days holiday per year
- Wellness stipend: NerdWallet gives every employee a monthly wellness stipend. It is yours to use however you’d like
- Career enrichment stipend: We value a growth mindset, and we never stop learning Each year, you will have funds to help you grow professionally in your role at NerdWallet
- Mental health support: We take mental health seriously. To offer you mental health support, NerdWallet partners with Ginger, a chat-based mental health app. You are able to use Ginger anytime, any place
- Legal support: NerdWallet offers access to online legal support through Rocket Lawyer
NerdWallet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic: age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.