Senior Tax Analyst
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
*Based in San Francisco, CA*
NerdWallet is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to take part in NerdWallet’s mission to provide clarity for all of life's financial decisions. This is a unique opportunity to join a tax function in a rapidly growing and profitable company, and to help build a world-class accounting team. We are seeking a self-starter with a demonstrated history of identifying issues and problem solving. This role will help with our domestic and international tax functions management and report to the Tax Director.
Where you can make an impact:
- Work with external service provider in the preparation and review of the Company's quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations and related financial statement disclosures
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state, and local income tax returns and other business related filings
- Respond to notices from local tax authorities
- Prepare tax accounts reconciliations for both direct and indirect taxes
- Assist with transfer pricing study and inter-company agreement maintenance
- Set up and maintain tax calendar, and assist with tax research as needed
- Provide support on corporate tax projects such as research and development, credit computations, and surveys
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don’t check every box on every job description. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant tax experience in Big 4, and/or equivalent public accounting or industry experience
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or business administration
- CPA is a plus
- Strong accounting and tax knowledge with demonstrated experience in financial reporting and tax compliance
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills and ERP reporting skills, Oracle experience a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize simultaneously
- Ability to expand knowledge and quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to other functional teams
- Must have the ability to work effectively as part of a team yet function well with independent responsibilities
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
The social news and entertainment company.