Associate Brand Manager (Creative Strategist)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
A personal finance website that helps people make and manage financial decisions
NerdWallet is looking to hire an Associate Brand Manager to work on our Brand Marketing Team, supporting our Brand Campaign efforts as a creative strategist.
The NerdWallet Brand Marketing team is focused on getting consumers to know, trust and love the brand. As an Associate Brand Manager, Creative Strategist you will be responsible for creative strategy needs on our national brand campaigns; developing and stewarding the brand and campaign creative strategy and partnering with our internal creative agency partners to execute campaign creative across our integrated media plans.
In this role you will report to a Brand Marketing Manager.
Where you can make an impact:
- Drive creative strategy: Triangulating insights on consumer, cultural and category trends to inform creative strategy and messaging priorities for national campaigns, in line with marketing and business objectives.
- Oversee creative development process: Deliver clear and inspiring briefs to NerdWallet’s internal creative team, Brand Studio, and partner to develop creative across several channels based on marketing objectives, in line with channel-best practices and past campaign learnings. Work closely with internal stakeholders to drive alignment at every stage including media strategy, marketing partners, legal and business teams.
- Leverage data and insights to report on campaign performance and inform go-forward strategy: Play a key role in partnering with market research, marketing analytics and media strategy to evaluate effectiveness, brand health trends and campaign media performance to evaluate campaign creative strategy and recommend future optimizations. Present analysis and recommendations to marketing leadership to gain buy-in.
- Steward brand strategy: Become an expert on NerdWallet’s brand and product value in order to build brand awareness and equity over time. You will help ensure brand guidelines and strategy is upheld across internal decisions, consumer touchpoints and campaign ecosystems.
- Consumer-obsessed and creative: You never stop learning how NerdWallet can more meaningfully impact consumer perception and behavior. You’re an expert in consumers’ motivations and behaviors and champion them at every touchpoint.
- Channel-first planner: You understand the nuance required to communicate a campaign message across a complex media landscape in a consistent and compelling way. You enjoy staying up-to-date on the latest channel tactics, trends and consumer behavior to inspire breakthrough creative solutions.
- An effective collaborator: You’re comfortable presenting to and influencing key internal, external stakeholders and cross-functional partners, supporting teammates – speaking the languages of both creative and business-oriented individuals.
- A skilled project manager, with an ownership mentality: You have a strong attention to detail and ability to manage many projects in different stages at any given time. You’re comfortable operating in ambiguity and facilitating a cross-functional team of stakeholders to deliver project milestones on time and on task.
This is our ideal wishlist, but most people don’t check every box on every job description. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5+ years working on brand marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Agency experience in a strategy or account management role is preferred.
- Expertise in developing clear and compelling creative briefs. In-depth knowledge on how to bring to life a consistent strategy and creative idea across several media channels and tactics, with proven experience across YouTube, social and digital media. Understanding of the creative development and production process.
- Experience in helping to build consistent and beloved brands by ensuring brand purpose and identity is upheld in all marketing communications and decisions.
- A consistent track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional internal and external relationships. Experience collaborating with creative, production and media teams.
- Experience working on a financial services or fintech brand is a plus.
We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NerdWallet gives consumers and small businesses clarity around all of life’s financial decisions. When it comes to credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages, insurance, loans or expenses like hospital costs and medical bills, consumers make almost all their decisions in the dark. NerdWallet is changing that, helping guide consumers' decisions with free, accessible tools, research and expert advice.
Want to learn more about NerdWallet? Visit NerdWallet's website.
The best bed for better sleep