Senior Analytics Engineer, Content Analytics
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Who are you?
- You are lazy in a productive way (find tedious work boring and would rather automate it).
- You are a veteran that thrives in a fast-paced environment and that sees yourself as a partner with the business, with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- You love freedom and hate being micromanaged. Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You deliver results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection.
- You are motivated to explore new technologies and learn, and can do so without formal education.
What will you do?
- You love finding the stories buried in petabytes of data and are able to build insightful tools and data products that enable everyone at Netflix to be an analyst.
- Be a bridge between the Content buyers and tech, enabling insight that can empower better decision-making.
- Be comfortable outside of your comfort zone - explore new tech, build your own tools, jump into ETL when needed, or find a new way to address an old problem.
- Creatively explore how data can continually add value to Netflix. Translate ad hoc questions into flexible tools & methodologies that scale to answer broad problems across the organization.
- Be a vocal and proactive partner to your stakeholders. Guide their line of questioning rather than fulfilling requests. Provide insights and conclusions rather than data outputs.
- Work with the finance experts, data scientists, and data engineers to develop metrics & analytical approaches to understand nuance around title performance and find what to look for our next great Original.
What do you know? (Not a rigid litmus test)
- Data Visualization/Reporting: Tableau, Looker, or similar experience required. D3 experience a plus.
- Complex SQL statements: You can write these in your sleep. Experience with Redshift or other parallel databases a plus.
- Big Data: SparkSQL, Presto, Hive, etc.
- Analytics: Stats/quantitative background a plus.
- Hacky Scripting: Not required but welcome. Python, Bash, etc.
- Education: Surprise us.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Data Architect
XO Group, New York
Compensation and People Analytics Lead
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Director of Analytics
HelloFresh, New York City
Software Engineer Associate Program: 2018
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Spring, NYC - Headquarters
Intelligence Analyst, Healthcare
CB Insights, CB Insights