Senior Data Quality Engineer, Financial Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What will you do ?
- You will partner with data engineers, internal stakeholders and source teams on upcoming data changes and product changes and help with data pipeline testing and report testing.
- You will use strong technical skills and business knowledge to investigate data issues, provide solutions to improve data quality and automate monitoring while proactively identifying and resolving future issues
- Develop data quality metrics and come up with automated audit scripts to proactively detect, correct and prevent data issues.
- Create intelligent, automatic identification of data changes through trend analysis and anomaly detection.
- Own the SOX compliance process for the data warehouse, collaborate with internal and external auditors on meeting compliance guidelines
- Provide sign off and acceptance for ETL and reports validation, data verifications and change management activities.
Who you are ?
- Data quality minded analyst with aptitude for research, root cause analysis and takes pride in maintaining high standards for ensuring data quality
- Passionate about data quality and data lineage and takes self initiative in developing domain knowledge to help facilitate effective testing.
- Extensive experience with testing data warehouses systems and have defined test strategies, test plans and test executions for testing ETL pipelines and reports.
- Experience writing complex SQL statements to test data flow and to perform data analysis.
- Experience querying Hadoop (Hive, Presto, Spark) and MPP databases (Redshift)
- Prior experience with SOX compliance process
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or Microstrategy reporting tool is a plus
- Given context, you're capable of self-direction
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.