Senior Research Scientist - Discovery (Machine Learning)
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As a senior research scientist, you will:
- Join a world-class team of machine learning researchers with an extensive track record in both academia and industry.
- Bring a combination of mathematical rigor and innovative algorithm design to create recipes that extract relevant insights from billions of rows of data to meaningfully improve user experience.
- Learn, develop, and apply new techniques in the intersection of math, probability, and optimization.
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems into an abstract mathematical framework, making intelligent approximations when needed to put your algorithm to work at scale.
- Work closely with various product development engineering teams to solve key personalization, discovery and search problems.
- Interact with and report to an audience that includes Directors, Vice-Presidents and the Chief Product Officer.
Some examples of the problems you might tackle in your new role:
- How do we anticipate how our titles will do in the future and how our recommendation algorithm will influence their trajectory?
- How do we leverage our data to choose a small, relevant, and diverse subset of titles from our extensive catalog to present to each user? And how do we do this in half a second or less each time…. billions of times a day?
- How do we promote our new original movies to new users in different countries and also dynamically adapt our recommendations online based on realtime user feedback?
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics or related field.
- Strong background in machine learning using unsupervised and supervised methods.
- 5+ years of research experience.
- Proven track record of leveraging large amounts of data to solve real-world problems.
- Experience with contextual bandits, computational advertising, online learning, reinforcement learning, causal learning, generative-adversarial networks and deep learning would be a plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist (Market Design)
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Technology Manager, Data Science
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Data Science Manager, APAC
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore
Data Scientist - Intern 2019
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Junior Computer Vision/Data Science Engineer (Bangkok)
Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Shape Security, Mountain View