Senior Data Scientist - Product Experimentation & Research
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you'll do
- Lead the design & analysis of A/B tests and other experiments in order to optimize the Netflix experience and help our users discover new content to enjoy. Past projects included the introduction of video to help users browse more effectively.
- Explore Netflix’s large-scale data to identify key insights on user behavior that will motivate future innovation. Past projects included research into how kids navigate and watch differently than adults, and how that changes as they age.
- Research and develop the best metrics to measure user engagement.
- Lead the research and development of new experimentation methods, statistical techniques and causal inference approaches.
- Present your research and insights to all levels and functions of the company, clearly and concisely.
- Partner closely with Product managers, designers & engineers to drive key Product decisions and solve Netflix’s most challenging and rewarding problems.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative or computational field (e.g., statistics, economics, math, computer science, etc.) and 3+ years of experience in quantitative analytics, data science, or another similar role.
- A proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive product innovation.
- Exceptional coding proficiency in SQL, Hive, R, Python, etc.
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition and a passion for experimentation, hypothesis testing, and causal inference (quasi-experimentation a plus!)
- Ability to tell stories with data, as well as visualize it with a variety of tools like Tableau, R Shiny, D3, etc.
- Ability to frame loose business problems, turning them into actionable insights.
- Comfort in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, deadline-driven environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A fan of Netflix is a strong plus!
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Data Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Atlanta
Senior Data Scientist
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Security Analyst, Identity & Access Management
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Data Analyst - Bits
Twitch, Seattle, WA
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Machine Learning Engineer - Toronto
Etsy, Toronto, ON