Senior Software Engineer - Container Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What we are building:
- We extend Linux and container runtimes to provide isolation and deep integration with Amazon EC2 networking and security. We integrate the container execution environment with other critical Netflix infrastructural systems.
- We provide advanced scheduling across both service and batch jobs (capacity management, bin packing for efficiency, anti-colocation for high availability, cross workload optimization, etc.).
- We focus on driving a consistent and fault tolerant control plane. We drive all parts of the system to be operationally resilient and capable of world-wide scale in support of all Netflix users.
Skills we are looking for:
- Passion and demonstrated experience in improving the reliability and operational automation of complex, multi-tier systems. SRE experience is a big plus.
- Experience beyond usage of container management platforms (Mesos, Swarm and Kubernetes) and container runtimes (Docker and rkt). Specifically, we are looking for developers who have extended and improved these platforms.
- Experience with addressing performance issues across the whole stack from applications to operating systems.
- Good understanding of OS fundamentals, Linux internals and shell programming.
- Experience building business critical large scale system with extreme availability.
- Ability to program across the core project languages Java and Golang
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Vice President of Engineering, China
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA or Beijing, China
Agile Project Manager
Senior .NET Developer (Sitecore)
Security Engineer, Infrastructure Protection
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Sr. Technical Product Manager
NS1, New York
Engineering Manager - Bank Engineering
Affirm, New York, NY