Senior Software Engineer - Content Algorithms
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Netflix is the first truly global internet television network and we want the world to experience the joy of entertainment wherever and whenever they want. Netflix currently has over 100 million members in over 190 countries who enjoy more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day. In 2017, Netflix will produce over 1000 hours of original content.
The Content Algorithms team has two key areas of focus. We build tools and services that allow us to extract metadata from every single frame of video content on the Netflix service. We then use that metadata to find interesting images and scenes which allows us to build montages (and eventually trailers), as well assist in the product AB testing experience.
Read more here:
We also build systems to let us use human generated and automatically derived inputs to define, maintain and manipulate fine-grained categorical descriptions for all of our content. The collective output of all of our work is leveraged extensively by the rest of the Netflix product experience.
You can find more details here:
We are looking for someone with an application development and distributed systems engineering background. The role will entail creating services and applications to extend and enhance the existing Content Algorithm ecosystem. In addition, in order to productize our teams' successful machine learning and computer vision experiments, this role will be expected build new systems and integrations with services and APIs from other teams with the Content Platform and Media Pipeline organizations.
- You have expertise in object oriented programming in languages like Java (preferred), C++ or C#.
- You choose the best data structures and algorithms for the particular problem at hand.
- You have experience developing applications with concurrency and service oriented architectures in mind.
- You have a broad knowledge of persistence technologies (Cassandra, Redis, Riak, HBase, RDBMS).
- You are able to read and write tests, hold code coverage in high regard, and can help think of ways to incrementally improve the code quality.
- You are self driven, and willing to ask for help and collaborate with co-workers when problem solving.
- You are a continuous learner.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.