Senior Software Engineer - Device Lifecycle Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
To deliver the joy of Netflix to living rooms everywhere, our Partner Device Ecosystem (PDE) team works with consumer electronic device companies and MVPD (e.g., cable, satellite) operators around the world. To develop and certify hundreds of Netflix Ready Devices
(NRD) a year, our partner tools manage partnerships, track projects, and test every NRD model.
We are looking for a talented lead developer to help us increase our scalability and effectiveness in PDE with tools that focus on device quality and partner productivity.
As a leader in engineering, you will drive projects and facilitate small teams of collaborators to move quickly. You will engage with embedded device developers, automation engineers, cloud engineers, and UI designers in our effort to ensure that devices can all deliver a great Netflix experience.
As a member of the Device Lifecycle Engineering team, you will:
Develop cloud-based services that
• Emulate production Netflix services for test simulations.
• Execute tests remotely and enable results review using big data.
• Provide solutions for test case development.
Apply technical innovation to
• Implement tools that leverage state of the art technologies.
• Increase the scalability and resiliency of our solutions.
• Analyze metrics and outliers as feedback for further improvements to our tools.
Engage with engineering teams across the company to
• Streamline our device ecosystem lifecycle with partners in every country.
• Help partners implement, test, and debug Netflix apps on TVs, set top boxes, and other devices.
• Enable the roll-out of the latest Netflix user experience.
You will succeed in the role because:
• You are passionate about finding simplicity and delivering quality in a complex technical ecosystem.
• You are articulate and can evangelize new ideas.
• You have led teams or collaborative projects to successful results.
• You have applied strong software skills to develop apps in a distributed microservice architecture.
• You have B.S. Computer Science and 7+ years relevant industry experience.