Senior Software Engineer - Edge Developer Experience
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- You are excited at the prospect of spotting opportunities, dreaming up ideas to solve them and can take an idea from concept to reality.
- You are able to identify the most impactful ideas to pursue, keeping in mind the big picture, initiate and drive technical solutions to satisfy the requirements of a large developer base.
- You have been successful in architecting, designing and developing systems given a broad set of requirements, including making technology bets, modeling and implementing APIs and interacting with persistence stores.
- You are married more to successful outcomes rather than specific technology choices
Examples of team’s recent daily work
- Building an insights framework for tools to publish rich metrics, allowing the team to understand usage patterns and uncover blind spots
- Optimizing and hardening our distributed simulation testing framework to match increased scale of testing
- Work with service teams to improve the UX around Falcor graph (API) discovery
- Analyze requirements and provide solutions for canarying Netflix mobile application releases
Highlight's from team's published work
- Developer Experience Lessons from a serverless platform - Part I and Part II
- Software Engineering Daily Podcast on Netflix’s Serverless-like Platform
- Simone - A distributed simulation service
The ideal candidate will have…
- Experience developing services and libraries in Node.js or Java
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and a good understanding of DevOps concepts like microservices, continuous delivery and monitoring
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Understanding of NOSQL persistence technologies
- Familiarity or willingness to work on the frontend (frameworks like React.js or AngularJS)
Other attributes that will excite us are...
- Experience or understanding of Serverless and/or FaaS systems
- Shown curiosity towards learning newer technologies and practices
- A desire to solve complex UX challenges
- A real passion for developer productivity
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.