Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform Architecture
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
This may be your dream job if some of the following applies to you:
- Value simplicity and clarity in design. Our engineering strongly reflects this value.
- Want to build a platform to solve interesting data problems.
- Have experience with distributed systems.
- Pride yourself as an expert software engineer.
- Have a bias to action and the experience and judgement to move quickly in the right direction.
- Love to work with open source technologies like Jupyter, Spark, etc.
- Love to build software in the cloud.
- Desire to be constantly learning new things and can make good forward thinking judgements about new technology.
- Have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
Technologies we use:
- Git for source control.
- Docker for many things.
- Jupyter and Zeppelin for providing development and analysis platforms .
- AWS as well as many internal (and open source) tools that Netflix has built.
- The right technologies for the problem at hand. We're flexible and open to rapid change.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Messaging Team (iOS)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Senior iOS Mobile Developer (m/f)
Software Engineer Intern - Backend / Server Engineering
Squarespace, New York, NY
Lead Developer (m/w)
Peloton, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Social Products
Twitch, San Francisco, CA