Senior Software Engineer, DEA Core
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What will you be doing?
- Develop Python libraries to support innovative new ways to build data pipelines and manage the data lifecycle
- Build a library of common Spark UDFs in Scala & Python to increase consistency, reduce development time, and improve job performance
- Curate contributions to shared libraries, ensuring code is efficient and implements best practices
- Evangelize our paved path to data engineers and provide support for the solutions you build
- Identify opportunities to improve existing solutions or create new ones
Who are you?
- Although you understand and value analytics in all its forms, you thrive at the intersection between big data and software engineering.
- You are a passionate advocate for the developer’s experience. You identify, and relentlessly pursue, opportunities to simplify all phases of the data development lifecycle.
- You love freedom and hate being micromanaged. Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You deliver results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection, and you actively solicit feedback.
- You seek to constantly improve your knowledge of existing technologies and explore new ones.
- You create code that is simple to understand and maintain, and you take pride in its quality.
What do you know? (This is not a rigorous litmus test.)
- You understand Hadoop technologies and data engineering concepts, and you have written or supported batch ETL jobs in a distributed environment (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, or MPP databases).
- You have achieved mastery of at least one major programming language -- bonus points if it’s Python, Scala, or Java.
- You have written reusable ETL components using Python or similar language -- such as UDFs, job orchestration, data quality, lifecycle management, or similar functionality.
- You have worked within a virtualized, containerized, and/or cloud computing environment at some point.
- You understand how to work and effectively communicate with both analytics practitioners and engineers.
- Experience with advanced analytics or data science is a plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist - Inference, Payments
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Integration Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Data Scientist
Amino, San Francisco
Research Associate, Strategic Insights
TripAdvisor, London, United Kingdom
Media + Data Recruiter
AKQA, San Francisco
Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Operations Research
Netflix, Los Angeles, California