Senior UI Engineer - Ads Personalization
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
The Ads Engineering teams builds digital advertising solutions for our marketing teams that enable them to promote the Netflix brand around the world and help to drive incremental acquisitions. We leverage our rich first-party data, personalization algorithms and our strength in cloud infrastructure to deliver dynamic ads which are highly customized to the user.
Our ad delivery systems continually serves billions of ad impressions in more than 150 countries automatically localized in 20 languages. We also build the tools used to execute and manage campaigns for both machine learning powered personalized ads in addition to curated high execution ads for all premium Netflix Original Shows, Documentaries and Films.
Our platform has helped automate the assembly and delivery of ads and constantly processes new content and changes in existing ones and update the ad serving. We are expanding these capabilities into multiple newer ad platforms, adding more advanced features and continually evolving our platform to address changing business needs.
We are looking for a person to define the front-end architecture and grow the UI for the these products which directly affects how well our marketing teams are able to effectively run global, cross-platforms campaigns at scale. The ideal candidate is a person with solid front-end development skills and a prototype mentality, capable of iteratively developing new features while improving the UI infrastructure.
Required Skills / Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years experience in front-end development.
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, tested code with an aim to delight users.
- A creative eye, passion for visual design and a penchant for seeking pixel perfection in the finer details of UI and UX.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the digital advertising space and experience in digital ad production, building for the mobile web / mobile apps.
- Appetite for learning and utilizing new and upcoming browser features such as Web Components, Shadow DOM, Service Workers etc.
- Experience with Node.JS or a familiarity of scripting languages such as Ruby, Groovy or Python
- Familiarity in developing applications using cloud computing platforms such Amazon EC2 or Google Compute Engine.
Netflix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit