Senior Software Engineer, Video Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
The responsibilities of a Senior Video Engineer include:
- Investigating new technologies around video and audio compression.
- Partnering with internal teams to troubleshoot problem streams (including VC-1, H.264, H.265, and VP9 bitstreams, DRM encryption and DASH packaging).
- Providing company-wide, video-centric transcoding and processing support through RESTful web services.
More about you:
- You speak passionately on the topic of film and/or television, and hold informed viewpoints on the future technologies of each.
- You prefer watching on one Netflix-enabled device over another - and can explain why.
- You have opinions about what Netflix does well, and what could be done better - and will express them openly.
- You possess a working knowledge of common media formats, such as: H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, MPEG-2, Apple ProRes, JPEG2000, DPX, OpenEXR, DNX, IMF/DCP, MXF, Quicktime and ISO BMFF.
- You are familiar with some or all of the following open-source tools: FFmpeg, x264, x265, VapourSynth, OpenColorIO, Docker, gpac, Bento4, Photon and ASDCPlib.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Security Data Scientist
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Android Developer (contract)
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Looker, Santa Cruz
Software Engineer, Trips
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer - Chief Information Security Officer's Team
TripAdvisor, Dublin, IE