Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
We are seeking an experienced entertainment editor with exceptional operational skills to manage a diverse, remote team of writers and editors working in a high-volume, high-quality, tight-deadline environment. You will provide daily editorial guidance, evolve style guidelines and facilitate creative collaboration with business partners. You will inspire creativity while delivering delightful, trustworthy user experiences at global scale.
The ideal candidate has great people management skills and experience keeping remote teams imbued with office culture and supplied with relevant business context. You have deep knowledge of film and television and have worked directly with content creators in your career. You are comfortable managing creative conflicts with diplomacy and can reach solutions quickly. You have deep experience working in very short-form writing as a writer and/or editor, and you can articulate the thinking behind word choice and sentence structure to non-writers.
You have experience developing content management systems, and enjoy working closely and iteratively with engineering teams to create tools that solve problems and foster creativity. You won’t be fazed by having to learn multiple management tools to achieve daily goals, and you are eager to dig into usage data to surface new opportunities. You’re equally happy wordsmithing as you are crunching data to find new insights and come to informed conclusions. If you’re excited by the prospect of creating new standards and workflows to support innovation and daily publishing on a global scale, then this may be the role for you.
- 7+ years working in online editorial,
- 5+ years management experience
- Experience planning and managing daily operations
- Experience hiring, training, coaching and supervising personnel
- Exceptional ability in short-form writing and editing
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a plus
- Experience managing content in languages other than English a plus
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience with AB testing structure is preferred
- Aptitude for analyzing trends, critical thinking
- Eager to embrace our culture of candid feedback
Reporting to the Product Writing Manager, Enhanced Content Team. This is a full-time salaried role, located in our Los Gatos office.
- Evolve and maintain style guides
- Assess team output and capacity for growth
- Represent the synopsis team in cross-functional forums
- Continually evaluate our workflows and tools for scale and efficiency
- Lead toolset improvements
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.