Associate, Technology Planning & Analysis
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
We currently have open positions on two teams within TP&A:
- Cloud Infrastructure: we are responsible for driving efficient resource utilization of our Amazon Web Services infrastructure that serves the “before you press play” experience (e.g. sign-up, login, personalization, search, etc.) for 130 million members. You would research questions like “what is the financially optimum time for every microservice to deploy over the course of a day” or “how long should we backup the most important data stores?”
- Content Delivery - Open Connect: we are responsible for efficiently scaling one of the world’s largest Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) that serves over 37% of the internet’s traffic at peak. You would research questions like “which are the fastest growing markets and is our cache capacity able to meet that demand” or “what are longer term internal and external traffic trends and how should we change our deployment strategy in response?”
- Extensive analysis of our product infrastructure, focusing on optimization and efficiency opportunities. Based on the findings, project manage the cross functional efficiency initiative.
- Own short and long-term financial forecasts.
- Provide financial and strategic ad-hoc analysis to engineering teams, senior leaders, and FP&A. Report and iterate on key operational and financial metrics.
- Drive cross-functional efficiency projects from vision to execution.
- Partner with our Science & Analytics and Data Engineering Infrastructure teams to develop tools for forecasting, analytics, and dashboarding.
Attributes sought after:
- Minimum three years in an analytical role.
- Experience working as a business partner with technical engineering teams.
- Ability to present to and context switch between peer groups and senior level management.
- Ability to independently explore and analyze high volume datasets.
- Familiarity with SQL/Python or other query languages.
- Strong understanding of financial forecasting including expert working knowledge of Excel.
- Working knowledge of visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn internal data warehouse tools.
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/ computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Counsel, Kids & Family Business and Legal Affairs, International Animation
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Payroll Manager
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Exiger, Hong Kong
Financial Systems Lead
BarkBox, New York, NY
Process Manager, Regulatory Operations and Compliance
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, US
Fleet Accountant, Bikes & Scooter
Lyft, New York