Senior Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What you will do…
- Help define the future of our image- and container-based deployment strategies.
- Develop command line tools that enable developers to quickly build, bake, and deploy images locally and to the cloud.
- Work directly with Netflix engineers to provide a polyglot-friendly experience and first-class support for platforms built on Java, Node.js, Python, and others.
- Evangelize and coach Netflix engineers on best practices and our evolving tool offering.
Here’s some work we’ve done…
If any of these apply to you...
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Linux experience -- intimate with Linux distributions and packaging.
- Cloud experience -- designing and building tooling and infrastructure for cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCE).
- Programming experience -- shell, Python, Go, Java, Groovy amongst others (both reading and writing).
- Operational experience -- comfortable providing support to customers, optimizing deployments for availability and uptime, going deep on troubleshooting and remediation.
- Exposure to container technology (lxc, Docker, lxd, rkt), container-focused Linux distributions, and virtualization in the cloud.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.