Originals Publicity Manager - Middle East
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
The successful candidate for the Originals Publicity Manager role will likely:
- Have 7-10 years of experience in an Arab entertainment or lifestyle PR setting - either agency, TV network or lifestyle brand
- Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
- Be able & willing to think on a Pan-European level
- Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology issues.
- Be a clear and concise communicator
- Have excellent media relationships and experience executing a PR strategy and work well across disciplines to execute campaigns
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Have experience managing agencies and / or a team
- Be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Pack your bags because domestic and international travel is a requirement.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
- The ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Succinct Communicator. Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
- Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
- Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a ‘hands on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
- A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
- Has a Point of View. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
- Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short time frames.
- Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Manager of Marketing Analytics
Vroom, New York City, NY
Community Associate - Marketing and Sales - 2018 Grads
Senior CRM Manager
Sun Basket, San Francisco, California
Marketing and Event Specialist - Thailand
Insider, Bangkok, Thailand
Vice President, Growth Marketing
Demandbase, San Francisco
Manager, Corporate Strategy
Yext, New York, NY