Senior Data Scientist, Original Content Promotion
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Lead the research and development of new statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up decision making.
- Mine Netflix (and other) data and deploy statistical modeling to gain robust insights into how consumers make and share entertainment choices.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to design and analyze experiments that drive key decisions around PR/social campaign optimizations.
- Present your research and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely.
- 3+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging data science and big data (billions of rows) to drive significant business impact
- Strong statistical knowledge and intuition
- Ph.D. degree in a quantitative social science (computational sociology, economics, computational social science etc), computer/information science, statistics, or computational math
- Experience with unstructured data, NLP techniques and topic modeling
- Ability to build a robust predictive model from a very large data set and leverage for insights
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool such as R or Python
- Strong data visualizations skills to convey information and results clearly
- Ability to work independently and drive your own projects
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Background studying network effects, causal inferences, information diffusion, and/or behavioral economics at scale
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive
- Impactful presentation skills in front of a large and diverse audience
- Experience and passion for the Netflix product
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Data Analyst - Business Intelligence
Taboola, New York
Pinterest, San Francisco
Paid Media Analyst
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
Data Analyst (All Levels)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA