Music Contract Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Licensing In. Drafting, reviewing, redlining and negotiating synchronization and master use license agreements for the use of third party music in owned Netflix productions. This includes establishing and maintaining music license templates, including with all third party licensors.
- Licensing Out. Handling clearances and licenses for the “licensing out” of Netflix’s music repertoire, including reviewing quote requests, obtaining approvals, issuing quotes, drafting license agreements, and tracking the same.
- Creating and maintaining various document and rights management systems.
- Participating in other projects specific to Netflix's music needs.
- A BA/BS degree and at least 7 years of experience in: (i) drafting, reviewing, redlining and negotiating synchronization and master use license agreements, preferably in the music department at a studio, network or production company and (ii) handling “licensing out” for a music publisher, record company or the music department at a studio, network or production company, including reviewing clearance requests and issuing quotes.
- Unparalleled organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail.
- Understanding of the importance of data as it pertains to the music business.
- Clear and concise communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
- Highly-collaborative, with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change and new ideas.
- Resourceful and able to pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Tech-savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment.
- Curious and eager to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA
FP&A Senior Analyst
Mapbox, San Francisco or Washington, DC
Real Estate Counsel
Knotel, Knotel NYC
Gametime, San Francisco, CA
Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
Red Ventures, Lexington, KY 40511
Oscar, New York