Marketing Finance Operations - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
In this role, you will:
- Handle all finance matters on behalf of the EMEA Marketing and PR teams and you will need to obtain an understanding of services being procured from our vendors and the status/timeline of delivery of services.
- Obtain, review and summarise vendor agreements.
- Set-up purchase orders (PO’s) in our accounting system to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
- Work with the marketing planning and analysis (MP&A) team to track actual spending to budget.
- Understand, communicate and explain variances.
- Manage vendors by working with Accounts Payable to ensure vendors are set-up and paid in a timely basis and resolve any billing issues.
- Own the month-end close process to ensure that any unbilled service accruals are accurately captured.
- Assisting the VAT team with VAT related questions.
- Drive operational process improvements.
We want someone who is:
- Self-motivated and dedicated; able to work and problem-solve independently.
- A great communicator that can cultivate strong cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners.
- Proactive and contributive; takes initiative and follows-through reliably.
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritising and meeting multiple tight deadlines.
- Intellectually curious.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and a speedy learner.
- A team-player; always open to offer innovative and constructive ideas to continue our team's success and efficiency.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Education and experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Degree in Accounting/Minor in Marketing (desirable).
- Fluent in English; helpful additional languages (French, Spanish etc).
- Advanced Excel experience with the ability to navigate large data sets.
- Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to drive process improvements.
- Passion for Marketing/PR.
- Experience in the entertainment industry is a plus.
- Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus.
- Travel may be required.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Business Operations Lead
Movoto, San Mateo, CA
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Data Analyst - Finance
Credit Risk/Market Risk/Liquidity Risk Expert (m/f) | Hamburg
Sr. Manager Deal Desk
GitHub, Remote - US
Senior IP & Marketing Paralegal
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA