Senior Frontend Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Build and own our Node.js based UI platform and infrastructure paved path.
- Own the critical UI infrastructure systems that are used by other UI apps.
- Work on first-class integration of Node.js in the Netflix cloud ecosystem.
- Collaborate with other UI infrastructure teams within Netflix.
- Collaborate with engineers to identify common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices
- Build UI for infrastructure services we own.
- You have strong communication skills across the board, with a passion for finding and sharing best practices and driving greater discipline across organizations.
- Experience building horizontally-scalable Node.js web servers with an emphasis on performance and reliability.
- Familiarity with API specifications such as JSONAPI or GraphQL.
- Strong understanding of UI performance metrics, as well as how to capture and interpret them.
- Experience with servers such as Apache and nginx is a plus
Nice to have (but not required)
- Exposure to Java based backend systems
- Grails based UI apps
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.