Mobile Visual Designer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
We are looking for a mobile visual designer who is passionate about design, loves solving customer problems, and has disruptive ideas for delivering amazing mobile experiences to millions of customers. Here are the top 5 reasons why you will love it here:
1. Your work is used globally by over 100M people (and growing)
2. You are empowered to constantly re-imagine the mobile user experience to make discovering something to watch even more delightful
3. You are surrounded by many talented people that you’re inspired by everyday
4. On the spectrum from conservative to reckless, we live right on the border of reckless (otherwise we’re not pushing boundaries)5. You get control over what tools you use and how you approach solving problems
But enough about us…
You’re an incredible visual designer. You have years of experience creating beautiful consumer-oriented UIs. You’ve mastered iconography, texture, space, color and type. You’re highly adaptable. When faced with limits, you become more — not less — creative. You bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
You “think” AND “do”. You’re smart, confident, highly competent—and mature enough not to have an ego. You’re a skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback. You believe that the best designs prove themselves in the marketplace, and you think of data and testing as allies in creating the best possible user experience. You partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content creators to oversee the experience from conception to launch (and then some).
- Lead larger visual projects, primarily on but not limited to mobile
- Help to create a strong mobile point-of-view and help cross functional teams to understand the vision
- Rapidly iterate on designs amongst engineering and design constraints
- Work collaboratively with other designers in a fast paced environment
- Mastery of Android and iOS design patterns
- Solid foundational understanding of design systems
- 5+ years design on consumer-friendly mobile experiences
- A great portfolio that showcases deep visual and interaction design skills
- Ability to rapidly produce multiple visual concepts
- The communication skills to clearly articulate your ideas—and evangelize on their behalf
- Experience shipping mobile products (experience with international launches is a plus)
- BA/BS in fine arts, graphic arts, human factors or equivalent experience. Practical experience trumps education
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.