Senior Software Engineer - Video Systems
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Video Algorithms team, you will:
- Design and develop highly scalable services for video systems and packaging.
- Develop and maintain video and image encoding software that plug into the Netflix media pipeline, designing for quality, robustness and scale.
- Participate in work related to next-generation video systems and encoding technologies.
- 5+ years experience in multimedia software development, with excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS or PhD a plus.
- Expert in C++ or Java and object-oriented programming.
- Working experience with video systems and/or streaming specifications, such as ISO/IEC 13818-1 (MPEG Transport and Program Streams), ISO/IEC 14496-12 (ISO base media file format), Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH), or Common Media Application Format (CMAF).
- Solid understanding of video compression and processing, including coding standards such as H.264/AVC, HEVC, VP9 and AV1.
- Experience with setting up (micro)services for video coding, processing or packaging.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and cloud computing
- Experience with software performance optimization
- Involvement in open-source projects for video packaging and streaming, such as GPAC (MP4Box) or GStreamer.
- Involvement in open-source multimedia projects such as FFmpeg, x264, avisynth, or WebM.
- Background in image and signal processing, both algorithm design and implementation (for example, image scaling, deinterlacing, frame rate conversion, artifact detection).
- Experience with image and video quality assessment.
To learn more about our team, check out the following articles:
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Application Security Engineer (Remote)
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Software Engineer - Front-End UI/UX
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Eventbrite, Sao Paulo, Brazil
WiFi Software Development Engineer
eero, San Francisco
Technical Program Manager, Data
Lyft, San Francisco