Director, Originals Publicity - Japan
Netflix, Tokyo, Japan
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Work includes but is not limited to:
- Identify titles that will drive the business in Japan.
- Set strategy & execute publicity campaigns for Netflix original series and films (global and Japan).
- Run a small team of experienced publicists.
- Influence and adapt global publicity strategies for the needs of the Japan market.
- Work successfully with cross functional partners both in Japan and internationally.
- Run campaigns across earned media channels, including broadcast, print and online to maximize title promotion.
- Create cultural moments and high impact campaigns, with an emphasis on trying new and innovative ways to promote titles.
- Serve as the expert on the region with the ability to convey cultural needs and nuances.
- Formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into the process successfully.
- Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to: formulating and implementing title strategy, pitching press, writing press releases, managing set visit nominations, scheduling junkets, liaising with journalists, talent representatives and talent, implementing screening strategy and agency management.
- Have 12+ years of experience in an entertainment PR setting - either agency or film/TV.
- International experience or knowledge of international media/strategy is a bonus.
- Strong press landscape knowledge and relationships with key media.
- Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology issues.
- Be a clear and concise communicator.
- Experience building and executing a PR strategy and work well across disciplines.
- Have experience managing agencies, be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers.
- Fluency in both English (a must) and Japanese.
- Experience managing a team would be preferable.
- Domestic and international travel is a requirement.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
- The ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Succinct Communicator. Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
- Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
- Pragmatic, organized and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a ‘hands on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
- A smart minimalist. Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
- Has a Point of View. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once.
- Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
- Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
- An Adult. Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
- A strong belief in our culture. We live by our values, so it's worth learning more about them at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Designer / Associate Creative Director
Lucid, New Orleans
Designer / Researcher (NY, SF, Remote)
Senior Member Support Specialist
Credit Karma, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Manager, International Market Plannning
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Digital Community Partner
Blockstack, New York, NY or Remote