Product Designer - Interactive Content
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Initiate, define and lead new design projects from concept to completion across Interactive Originals.
- Collaborate with fellow designers (visual, interactive, motion) and prototypers to explore and evolve interactive content experiences on Netflix.
- Partner with the content team, creators and producers to envision and execute compelling interactive narrative experiences.
- As an expert storyteller you’ll articulate a vision for design and content through the work you do everyday.
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product Management, Content, and Marketing.
- An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions that will engage viewers and retain them.
- 8-10+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Comprehensive content production experience in the development of linear and interactive narratives.
- Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership and strategic ability.
- An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web/mobile/tv applications.
- Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, and proactive.
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
- A love of television and film, and interactive games.
- Game design, storyboarding, and video editing is a plus.
Why work at Netflix?
- If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100+ million members across the globe.
- We value high performance, freedom and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
- We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
- In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit https://www.netflix.com/
Jobs You May Like
Design Intern 2018
Shazam, Hammersmith, London
Product Copywriter (Contract)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Senior Designer - Product Design
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Character Art Intern
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Brand Design Intern NY - Summer 2018
BuzzFeed, New York