Senior Software Engineer - Platform Security
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Do you enjoy developing and running software in the cloud? Are you particularly good at working on systems that are designed for reliability and scalability? The Platform Security Team designs, creates, deploys, operates, and maintains some of the most critical services at Netflix. You may have heard of our work at Usenix Enigma (2016
) or QCon (2017
). Our projects include cryptographic key management, protecting secrets in code, enabling authentication and authorization between services, and distributed denial of service protection. Our team is highly technical with strong backgrounds in both security and distributed systems engineering.
As Netflix has expanded its global presence, the challenges and excitement are profound, especially from the security side. We want to stay ahead of the curve, so we're looking for a software engineer to help us create these scalable and resilient cloud services.
As a member of the team, you will be working on software components that are critical to the stability of Netflix. This spans from foundational services that are needed to bootstrap the Netflix cloud, to edge services that mitigate distributed denial of service attacks. While security expertise is not required for this role, we do value a strong interest in security.
- Significant hands on software engineering experience
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Experience leading a complex distributed systems project
- Experience with automation, monitoring, and on-call shifts
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute or App Engine, Hadoop, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Java and object oriented development experience
- Python, Ruby or other scripting language experience
We are looking for thoughtful software engineering professionals who enable our mission and support our culture of freedom and responsibility. You can learn more about life at Netflix
by watching our security talks
or exploring our open source work
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.