Retail Business Development Manager, Consumer Products
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Own retail development of our content across all categories (eg. toys, collectibles, apparel, consumables, etc) through ownership of relationship with retailers inclusive of buyers, marketers and other key cross-functional teams.
- Be a champion of the opportunity, vision, pitch and message with regards to our retail strategy.
- Develop go-to-market plans (consumer, trade and retail marketing) with an audience- first approach, across retail partners that lead to strong demand for our licensed products.
- Be informed of the priorities and complexities of cross-functional teams (e.g. content, marketing, publicity, PR, social, etc.) and understand how consumer products benefits and supports other teams’ work.
A Typical Day Might Include:
- Responding to the needs of the business and corresponding with retail partners, agents and licensees via email, phone or in-person.
- Reviewing upcoming titles and working with the Merchandise Brand Strategy team to gain a deep understanding of our content roster
- Attending meetings with other Netflix marketing teams to build internal relationships and gain regional expertise
- Meeting with agency partners to ensure consumer product programs are unique, innovative, and complementary to local marketing priorities
- Partner with various analytical teams to review performance metrics to analyze trends, and provide recommendations for winning consumer-facing initiatives
- Gather and act upon regular feedback from local teams who are accountable for the implications of local retail activations
What we need from you:
- Demonstrated, 8+ years of experience in building and owning the end-to-end licensing function at a reputable entertainment brand (studio, gaming, agency)
- Passionate and curious about retail, design, and content
- Extremely organized, effective communicator, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Agile, goal-oriented, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge
- A natural and deep affection for film and television
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred)
- Deep engagement competency and ability to work with multiple, disparate stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for Netflix. You can read more about our company culture here.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
DraftKings, New York, NY
Content Marketing Manager
Samsara, San Francisco
EMEA Marketing campaign Strategist
Sr. Web Developer
Carbon, Redwood City
Manager, Communications and Social Media
General Assembly, New York
Demand Generation Manager, EMEA