Manager, Originals Publicity - APAC CAMPAIGN LEAD
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Netflix is looking for a Manager to lead publicity campaigns for content originated in APAC based out of our Singapore office. We are looking for people who are equipped and excited to spearhead publicity campaigns with passion and creativity. With great APAC original content like Scared Games, Selection Day, Again!, Love Alarm, Kingdom, Bardo and many more on the horizon, the Manager will strategize and execute innovative title campaigns. We are looking for people who rapidly consumes entertainment and is passionate and curious about the growing global entertainment landscape.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 117 million streaming members in over 190 countries. Powered by a work culture focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading and handling publicity campaigns for the leading Internet Entertainment Service in the world, with a chance to work on content that feature high production value from the brightest filmmakers and actors from the region, using the latest technology.
He/she will liaise with external and internal partners to create, shape, and execute publicity campaigns for series, films, documentaries and comedies originated from APAC. He/she will partner with market publicity leads to pitch media, secure opportunities and cover set visits or help plan and work junkets, talent tours and manage awards and festivals in the region. He/she has also worked alongside production teams, studios, networks and managed agencies before. He/she can formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into their process successfully.
The ideal candidate is able to make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity and thinks strategically. He/she doesn’t fall back on PR 101 tactics and is eager to put a new spin on what a media campaign can be. He/she can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do. He/she is a good listener and a real doer, and is able to multi-task and work at a clip pace. He/she is not afraid to get their hands dirty - and that could mean jumping in to handle tasks that range from writing a strategy, writing a project announcement, booking travel or negotiating hair and make-up. He/she is a team player and collaborates well with partners that range from content/programming to marketing to social to product and beyond. Strong candidate can handle a vast amount of work and he/she is eager to learn. He/she is curious and also contribute effectively outside of their speciality. He/she isn’t timid about assessing their work when they are done to explore what they could have done differently or better. A good fit in the role has a candid and direct communication style. He/she is willing to admit to mistakes quickly and question values inconsistent with our values and Netflix culture. He/she understands that sometimes the job requires delivering bad news, and they’re tactful in handling such issues.
The successful candidate for Manager, Originals Publicity will have at least 10 years of entertainment experience either in a studio or agency setting. He/she will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media. English fluency & strong writing ability is required and fluency in a local language will be a plus.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
- Creative: Demonstrated ability to think innovatively—connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Succinct Communicator: Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
- Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed: Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a ‘hands on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
- A smart minimalist: Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
- Has a Point of View: An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Pace: Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
- Integrity: Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
- An Adult: Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
- Reporting Relationship: The Manager, Originals Publicity reports to the Director of Originals Publicity, APAC.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit