VFX Production Workflow Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As part of the Visual Effects Innovation, Technology and Operations team you will:
- Provide technical guidance steeped in expertise to develop the best practices and standards that will guide VFX production side operational/logistical workflows for Netflix Originals.
- Advocate for VFX best practices and high production standards.
- Evolve VFX tools and standards to leverage new creative, operational and technical opportunities for our production partners.
- Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices for VFX.
- Provide direct support to productions exploring new techniques and technologies.
- Evaluate and form strategic partnerships with various VFX hardware/software service providers to align them to our strategies and requirements.
- Work closely with Netflix developers to create tools that facilitate VFX production, review and archive.
- Devise and execute strategies to achieve our production goals, improve efficiency and foster the evolution of VFX industry practices.
- Standardize and document best practices for our VFX production partners in the following areas: Hardware/software needs, 4K review workflow, shot tracking, cost tracking, reviews/ approvals, set data, media distribution, VFX editorial and interfacing with VFX vendors.
- 3+ years of production facing visual effects experience a must.
- Experience with Shotgun/RV, Cinesync and Filemaker.
- Understanding of current 4K VFX creation and delivery workflows and how technology is used (and could be used in the future) to facilitate best practices.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process.
- Working knowledge of various file formats used in VFX.
- Prior experience with production side delivery in a VFX production environment.
- Working knowledge of data management and content security best practices.
- Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors in the VFX space.
- Knowledge of VFX archival practices.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
- Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated, self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
- Experience with supporting people remotely.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.