Manager, Content Acquisition, Kids & Family
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Demonstrated love for and understanding of children’s video content
- Core expertise in programming, acquisitions or distribution of kids television and features
- Experience in negotiating high level SVOD or television licensing and co-commission deals
- Strong relationships with the world’s leading kids production companies and distributors
- Ability to clearly and thoughtfully articulate feedback on projects for internal and external audiences
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills
- Relationship and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively multitask at a high performance level
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
- Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
- Identify children and family content for acquisition on a both a second-run and first-run basis
- Take pitches, review creative materials and provide input for co-productions
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments)
- Represent Kids & Family Content team’s interests across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, content marketing)
- Manage and evaluate kids content through performance tracking, relationship cultivation, and research in local markets in an effort to find new talent, shows and films that engage our users
- Communicate market trends and new content opportunities to internal and external partners
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred but not required.
- At least 10 years of work experience is required with at least 5 years of negotiation/sales experience.
- Live action or animation production experience a plus (but not required)
- Prior international television, studio, content development or media-focused technology experience required.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Designer, Corporate
The Players' Tribune, London & Barcelona
Swing Shift Material Handler
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems
Writer, Business PR & Communications
Fullscreen, New York, NY
Intelligence Analyst - Insurance
CB Insights, New York