Coordinator, Physical Production Unscripted & Talk Shows
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up, schedule and coordinate initial kick off and ongoing production meetings for internal and partner produced co-productions
- Assist with identification and curation of experienced, high quality production staff and crew
- Coordinate document distribution and production information flow, with emphasis on updating, maintaining, and championing use of Netflix tools and databases internally.
- Coordinate the onboarding process and technology adoption for production companies and freelance producers to the Netflix ecosystem.
- Audit completion/delivery of production materials during pre, production, and wrap.
- Participate in beta testing proprietary apps, while offering constructive feedback about the end user experience and integration of new technology into the existing ecosystem.
- Collaborate effectively with internal operations and technical teams and other production coordinators to streamline workflows across all apps and content teams.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Netflix app ecosystem, embrace new technologies and actively participate in brainstorming future technological innovations.
- Research, curate, and develop relationships with vendors, while continually analyzing cost efficiencies
- Research and outreach to potential filming locations and studios in the US and abroad.
- Assist the team as necessary with Production budget review and analysis.
- Any other duties as necessary to support the productions and the department.
- BA/BS Degree
- 5 years + experience with long form production management both in the field and on a network level for series. Candidates will likely be at the ProductionManager or equivalent outside of Netflix
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment, simultaneously supporting several projects in various phases of production (from evaluation to production through delivery)
- Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam
- Familiarity with post production/editorial systems and finishing processes
- Access to long roster of high quality vendors and crew/creative talent worldwide
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly while being an effective communicator
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Applications (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail and Drive)
- Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.