Global Procurement Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Utilize your subject matter expertise in acquiring technology products and support for all sites and customers serviced by Tech Ops worldwide.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge on technology and services relevant to Tech Ops.
- Partner closely with Tech Ops teammates to assess technology hardware and software needs on various projects and requests.
- Build and manage key vendor relationships to ensure Netflix is able to realize full value from all products and services
- Solicit and review quotations and proposals and conduct deal negotiations as needed.
- Validate purchase requests, develop and solicit bids, analyze and evaluate responses, negotiate prices and other terms, monitor delivery, and maintain necessary asset and inventory records.
- Ensure compliance with company best practices and guidelines, as well as applicable government regulations (domestic and regional) pertinent to purchasing practices.
- Scout global markets for prospective suppliers, as well as develop and vet qualified suppliers.
- Maintain accurate contracting data, vendor records and transaction information.
- Monitor supplier reliability and performance.
- Manage supplier agreements as well as 3rd party software licensing agreements.
- Assist with generating and publishing asset management and financial reports and dashboards.
- Find and establish sourcing agreements with global technology vendors to provide hardware and services to studios and production offices.
- Identify vendor consolidation/centralization opportunities.
- Articulate best practices for global purchasing for Tech Ops.
Your Skills & Experience
- 5 years of sourcing and procurement experience for a technology team (preferably within a multinational context)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required
- Media and Entertainment experience preferred
- Applied experience with contract, service agreement and software license management
Your Core Competencies
- In addition to the resonance of our company values articulated within the Netflix Culture Memo, you demonstrate the following competencies in your work:
- Innovative Mindset: You’re able to generate creative or transformative solutions that result in improved performance, higher quality and/or increased value; you see ambiguity as a challenge, but also as an opportunity to stretch outside of your comfort zone.
- Problem Solver: You’re able to systematically identify and deconstruct issues, obstacles and opportunities and then fashion and implement effective solutions. You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action within a dynamic fast-paced context.
- Value-focused: You ensure the work you are doing is continuously adding value to your customers and teammates as well as perceiving issues and opportunities that may detract from or increase that value. You measure the quality of your work based on your customer’s satisfaction.
- Self-driven: You fully own your work scope, clear blockers and manage priorities effectively without requiring excessive direction. You’re a quick learner and you adapt your communication to the context of your audience and engagement.
- Catalyst for growth: You continuously pursue and share knowledge, provide help to others and define clear and measurable goals to increase individual and team contribution. You exhibit an innate desire for continuous growth and improvement.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Eater Denver Editor - Part Time
Vox Media, Denver, CO
Senior Render Pipeline Technical Director (TD)
Lytro, Mountain View, CA
VFX Production Workflow Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Game Designer (Narrative)
MobilityWare, Irvine, Ca
Assistant Directeur Technique (Technical Director Assistant)
Moment Factory, Montréal
Freelance Copy Editor