Production Support Engineer EMEA, Production Technologies
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As part of the Production Technologies group, you will:
- Provide technical support to Netflix Originals productions.
- Represent the Netflix Studio Technologies group at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc. in Europe.
- Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
- Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
- Explore, analyze and document local production practices, challenges and opportunities.
- Devise and carry-out local strategies to achieve our global goals.
- Work with internal engineering teams to inform design of Netflix systems to serve local needs.
- Create blogs, documentation and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
- Evaluate local vendors for readiness to service Netflix Originals productions.
- Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
- Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
- An ability to translate technical jargon into layman terms.
- Minimum of 5-years of film/TV production or post-production experience.
- Extensive understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile external operations against those of Netflix.
- Understanding of common industry tools and local production practices across Europe.
- Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
- Ability to develop long-standing relationships with post-production operational teams.
- Ability to communicate and interact on a Global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
- Knowledge of industry standards in and the bodies that ratify them.
- Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across post and production.
- Confident conversational speaker in one or several of the following, in addition to English: French, Spanish, Italian, German.
- A passion for sound and the moving image.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer (Business Applications)
Thumbtack, Salt Lake City
Desarrolladores/as - Developers - Entry Level
Tools and Automation Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Principal Software Engineer (Data Services) - Programmable Voice
Twilio, Mountain View or San Francisco, CA
Solutions Architect, Asia
Senior Security Engineer
Collective Health, San Francisco