Synopsis Writer: Korean Content Specialist
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What Will Help You Succeed
- Deep content knowledge of and passion for Korean media, including current trends in entertainment. Simply put, you’re a superfan who’s excited to write about film and TV from the region -- and help get Netflix members around the globe get excited about it too.
- Experience and comfort collaborating with multifaceted digital productions teams. You’ll be using digital publishing tools to track your assignments, write about titles and publish copy.
- A love of language. Even though you’re an expert with deep knowledge, you’ll always write with an empathetic understanding of your audience in mind. You must be comfortable with rigorous editing, tight deadlines and workshopping copy with a team of writers and editors.
- Flexibility and versatility as a writer. Whether the assignment at hand is a K-drama, a Hollywood action movie or an animated educational series for kids, you understand that different content should have copy tailored to its tone.
- A commitment to our team’s core values, like candid feedback, passion and curiosity.
- Native linguistic fluency in Korean, which will be critical to understand and evaluate Korean content without subtitles
- A nuanced perspective on Korean media, with empathy for audiences in Asia and beyond
- 5+ years relevant writing experience
- Exceptional ability in short-form writing and editing
- Independent and self-motivated
- Understanding of AP style.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Recently published examples of film/television criticism or culture writing
- Experience working with global brands
- Experience with AB testing structure
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Computer Vision Engineer
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Cardlytics, Visakhapatnam, India
CityBase, Indianapolis, IN
Privacy and Transactions In House Counsel
Zuora, San Mateo
Field Marketing Manager
Knotel, Knotel Berlin
Head of Internal Communications