Clearance & Rights Analyst, Content & Brand IP (Europe)
Netflix, London, United Kingdom
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Legal qualification optional.
- Deep understanding of how filmed entertainment is developed and produced.
- 3-5 years of legal clearance experience in film and/or television advising productions on intellectual property, personal rights, and defamation issues.
- Understanding of UK/EU copyright, trade mark and defamation law, and its role in evaluating production clearance and/or chain of title.
- Familiarity with chain of title in connection with rights acquisitions in the media industry.
- Experience negotiating and drafting license agreements for a wide variety of production materials.
- Experience managing multiple projects and fast-paced clearance activities with production personnel, clearance firms and licensors of production materials and organizing a high-volume of scripts, research reports, license agreements and other clearance documents.
- Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to drive efficiency and think strategically about production clearance, and risk tolerance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively work collaboratively and cross-functionally with people having diverse viewpoints and interests.
- Curious and eager to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Fluency in a European language is a plus but not required.
- Sense of humour!
- Review scripts, evaluate art, wardrobe, props and other production materials for clearance issues. Negotiate licenses when necessary.
- Conduct chain of title review and provide concise and pragmatic analysis.
- Conduct due diligence on rights acquisitions.
- Implement efficient workflows for production clearance and chain of title review.
- Keep apprised of developments in the entertainment industry and adjust Netflix’s rights and copyright-related practices accordingly.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with outside counsel and vendors.
- Document and template management.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Vungle, San Francisco
Financial Analyst/Senior Financial Analyst
Cherwell Software, Denver CO
Counsel, M&A and Strategic Investments
Visa, New York NY, US
Chief Compliance Officer/Money Laundering Reporting Officer
Airbnb, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Thumbtack, San Francisco
Client Incentives Senior Deals Analyst
Visa, Foster City CA, US