As a Tech Operations Specialist at Netflix, you will be responsible for providing exceptional support to our production accountants and growing South Korea productions in our Seoul office. We want to empower the production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen streamlined, efficiencies individually and as a whole to facilitate creation of the world’s best streaming content. We’re looking for a TECH OPS SPECIALIST willing to pioneer the advancement of technology into Netflix productions. This requires extreme flexibility, unending creativity and a proactive approach to transforming the production culture. You will serve as a liaison between Netflix teams and the productions to assist in infusing technology and gaining proper adoption of our in-house technology solutions. This role operates within the system deployment side of Studio Technology, part of the Netflix Production team. Tech Ops Specialists will report to the Manager of Studio Technology, APAC.
The Tech Ops Specialist will be an ambassador of Netflix production technology. He/She will embody the passion for transformation and workflow advancements utilizing brand new creative technologies. This role will be a point of contact for technology support for our productions with expertise in how productions utilize software now and in the future. The Tech Ops Specialist is one part production, one part cloud-based software, and one part hardware infrastructure. He/She must have a working knowledge of current web-based software trends, both within entertainment and outside of entertainment. He/She will assess technical infrastructure needs for production build-outs (stages and offices) and provide hardware via internal resources and external vendors. Passion for change and creative thinking is a must.
Production Technology POC
- Act as the primary technical point of contact and develop personal relationships related to the advancement of technology with our productions.
- Work within production security guidelines to encourage safe collaboration of Netflix production data.
- Create a feedback loop for production tools in order to develop a mastery of production software and the workflows.
- Production specific G-Suite training.
- Build training material: devise creative, unique, and scalable training solutions and support techniques for our production personnel.
- Single POC for production technology needs: support requests will come in via tickets, emails, phone calls and automated alerts.
- As technology develops, operationalize support models and generate run-book plans for remote support.
- Work hand-in-hand with NERDS remote support and DevOps engineering support via support escalation models.
- IT support for the production accountants.
- Own the automation of the on-premise hardware requests.
- Build out IT technology needs for new stages.
- Administration for G-Suite and internal technology solutions on top of the Google platform.
- IT equipment procurement and delivery: Imaging machines, maintaining stock, configuring and troubleshooting printers and scanners and equipment deliveries.
- Refine all methods of hardware selection, inventory management and IT vendor relations by partnering with NERDS and Purchasing.
Production Office Build-Outs
- Partner with productions, Systems Management, Network Infrastructure, and A/V on assessing and delivering on technical infrastructure needs.
- Deploy production office technology (computers, printers, AV, applications, wireless) to our productions.
- Partner with third party sources vendors when applicable.
Entertainment Industry Experience
- 5-10+ years within entertainment production technology including experience with production office applications (Scenechronize, Final Draft, Office, etc.).
- Keen understanding of current production, post, vfx, prod accounting workflows and how technology is used (and will be used in future) and a knowledge of production/post production infrastructure requirements.
- A minimum of 3 years of IT or Desktop Support/System Administration.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions.
- Knowledge of imaging and sys mgmt software including Landesk and Jamf.
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO: G-Suite including Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, and Groups and AWS.
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Windows 7,8 & 10, and various applications including Office and Adobe software.
- Solid working knowledge of Mac and Lenovo hardware including laptops & desktops.
- Mobile device support including iPhone, Android, Windows.
NICE TO HAVE
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
- Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them.
- Strategic thinking both technically and business-wise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas.
- Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
- Experience with supporting people remotely.
- Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps Script or other scripting languages a big plus.
Candidates must have the ability to travel to productions across Asia Pacific.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.