Senior Content Accountant
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- We find that individuals who quickly obtained Manager level at a studio or public accounting firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you’re a Manager or a rising star Manager, we’d love to talk to you!
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience - we'd like you to have 5+ years of experience under your belt (some from the Big 4 / public accounting is necessary) backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred.
- Attention to detail + love for data - We pride ourselves on producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems and questions; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
- Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems. Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful, but we understand you may have not worked in the content accounting space. Industry experience in a studio environment a plus, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position and capable of learning quickly.
- Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
- Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
- Based in our Hollywood office, reporting to the senior management team in Content Accounting.
- Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
- Review, interpretation, documentation, setup & management (in proprietary contract management system), and accounting of content deals: preparation and review of monthly accounting entries, reconciliations, CFO metrics, and other ad hoc analysis.
- Drive process improvements and own projects such as accounting policy review, risk analysis and SOX controls, finance systems design and testing, metrics dashboard and reporting, and more.
- Cross-functional interaction with teams in Los Gatos (GL/financial reporting, IT/finance systems, data science and reporting) and Los Angeles (content acquisition, legal, content planning and analysis, content operations).
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.