Director, Music - International Originals and Original Series (UK)
Netflix, London, United Kingdom
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- 10+ years of series/film production music experience, including direct, hands-on experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting composer, performer and featured artist agreements, master use and synchronization license agreements, music producer agreements, record company and music publishing waivers;
- Thorough understanding of the music nuances in producing locally vs producing for global distribution;
- In-depth knowledge of music copyright and the series/film production process - from pre-production, production and post production to music clearance/licensing to composer engagement/recording through to delivery, cue sheets and launch;
- Practical knowledge of the music and technology industries, including active relationships with music agents, lawyers, managers, music publishers and record companies;
- Comfort and flexibility in working with different laws and practices across territories;
- Understanding of labor and guild agreements covering the recording of music such as the PACT MU agreement; and
- Understanding of the evolving CMO, theatrical, VOD and TV landscapes.
- Experience providing in-house support in a television or film production company is highly preferred.
- Fluency in other languages is also highly preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Exceptional drafting and project management skills
- Negotiation and communication style that is adaptable to local markets
- Willingness and enthusiasm to travel internationally
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills
- Highly-collaborative work style, with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change and new ideas
- Unparalleled organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Resourcefulness and ability to pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise
- Tech-savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Licensed Esthetician - Preston Hollow
Equinox, Dallas TX, US
Security Engineering Manager
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Advertising Insights & Measurement Manager
Reddit, New York
Account Manager, Enterprise
Vox Media, NY, SF, CHI
Confluent, East Coast
Tester - Weymouth, MA
Optimus Ride, Weymouth, MA