Manager - Ranking Science and Algorithms
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As Manager of Ranking Science and Algorithms, you will…
- Lead a world-class team of machine learning researchers with an extensive track record in industry and/or academia.
- Bring a combination of mathematical rigor and innovative algorithm design to create recipes that extract relevant insights from billions of rows of data to meaningfully improve user experience.
- Learn, develop, and apply new techniques in the intersection of math, probability, and optimization.
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems into an abstract mathematical framework, making intelligent approximations when needed to put your algorithm to work at scale.
- Work closely with various product development engineering teams to solve key personalization, discovery and search problems.
- Collaborate with an audience that includes Directors, Vice-Presidents and the Chief Product Officer.
- Leadership experience focused on machine learning, personalization, recommendation, search and consumer data. Industry experience preferred, publications are a plus
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or related field.
- Strong background in machine learning and related sub-areas including ranking, personalization, search, recommendation, explore/exploit, causal learning, reinforcement learning, deep learning and probabilistic modeling.
- 10+ years of research experience with 2+ years of industry leadership experience.
- Proven track record of leveraging large amounts of data to solve real-world problems.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.