Director, Consumer Insights: Growth & Relationship
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- Inspiring Leadership: Provide inspiring vision and leadership for your team to set priorities, scale for growth and elevate the overall impact of the team. Strong experience required leading a team and hiring amazing talent.
- Deep Research Expertise: Apply a broad research (qual & quant) toolkit while sharing deep experience and expertise. A mix of market research and UX research is ideal. Have big capacity to both think and "do." You flourish in a hands-on role, adding value at different levels. Your capable team performs much of the research in-house and loves to engage in methodological discourse.
- Product Design Focus: Uncover deep and relevant insights, but don’t stop there - ensure these are translated into actionable outcomes that affect our product design
- Cross-Functional Connector: Build bridges across the organization to deeply understand the business, bring context to the team and amplify the learnings to infuse the voice of the consumer into a culture that thrives on consumer understanding
- Global Perspective: Netflix is global! Bring a deep understanding of cross-cultural insights expertise to ensure we impact the business for both current and future members across the world
- 12+ years of experience in consumer insights / market research on the client and/or agency side. You will have hands-on expertise and passion for research and product innovation.
- Thrive on wanting to know why consumers act and feel the way they do, love sharing this understanding with others, and be known for accurately predicting consumer behavior and reaction. You run circles around others when it comes to understanding consumer drivers and motivations. You boldly bring the voice of the consumer into the room regardless of in a way that has an direct and immediate impact on the business, even when your points are controversial.
- Track record as a strategic thought leader and contributing to the profitable top-line growth of a consumer-focused company by uncovering behaviors and insights that result in breakthrough insights.
- Agile with large amounts of data (qualitative, quantitative, behavioral, secondary, etc.)--determining what’s important and distilling it into actionable insights without getting caught up in analysis paralysis. Able to synthesize across multiple sources into a clear and concise story.
- Straightforward, honest and succinct communicator. Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately. You have a quick intelligence, are fast on the feet, and quickly respond to inquiries and questions.
- Creative. Demonstrated ability to think innovatively—connecting the dots where others cannot when it comes to consumers to create business building insights.
- Past experience in a culture that utilizes big data and AB testing is a plus.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Intelligence Analytics Consultant
Hitachi Solutions, Atlanta TX, US
Software Engineer – Robotics Systems
Optimus Ride, Boston, MA
Account Executive, Supply (Japan)
Software Engineer, Android (India)
Strategy and Planning Team Lead
LimeBike, San Francisco, CA
Sales Development Representative, Phoenix
BetterUp, Phoenix, Arizona