Senior Software Engineer - Performance and Reliability Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
As a software engineering on our team, you will...
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance, efficiency, and security of Netflix’s services.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to surface common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices.
- Develop tools and services to automate the analysis and remediation of network-specific events.
- Improve the Netflix viewing experience by driving improvements that address network latency and network performance.
- Partner with various engineering teams to transform concepts and requirements into services and tools.
We would love to speak with you’re someone with...
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Expertise with both consuming, designing and developing scalable API’s and services.
- Expertise with Java, Scala, and/or Go.
- Expertise both system architecture and operating large scale distributed systems
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Practical understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and network-related protocols.
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering or a related field
It would also be fantastic if you have...
- A solid understanding of Linux networking
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine).
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Gameplay Engineer - Unreal Engine 4
Survios, Culver City, CA
Senior Front End Engineer
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Full Stack Developer
Sr. SRE, Cloud Infrastructure (OS)
Box, Redwood City, CA
Software Engineer, Backend
Threat Intelligence Manager
Anomali, Belfast, United Kingdom