Senior Data Engineer, Streaming Experimentation Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
What You’ll Do:
- Drive Solutions: Partner with experimentation teams to understand how we want to improve our analytical and statistical prowess. Partner with engineering teams to understand how fast we need to launch, analyze and rollout experiments. Partner with data engineering colleagues to understand the nuances of our data sets and metrics that will drive our decision making.
- Architect: Design the next evolution of the A/B experimentation platform in conjunction with partner engineering teams to process more data, faster with increasing experimental complexity in a self-serve model that enables standardized metrics and quick prototyping of the next wave of metrics and analysis.
- Build/Data Engineering: Transform raw data from different sources (both batch and near-real-time) and using different tools (Hive/Presto/Spark/Scala/C++, Redshift, Kafka, internal systems) into meaningful statistical insights.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a data-driven environment designing and building distributed data processing systems.
- You have knowledge of A/B experimentation and its workflow.
- You enjoy autonomy in managing cross-functional engineering projects.
- You enjoy learning from others (i.e. statistical techniques) as much as you do executing.
- You’re enthusiastic and detail-oriented about making your consumers have a seamless experience from experimental setup to assessing results.
- You have a high degree of comfort in leveraging SQL to manipulate data.
- You have strong software development skills in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.).
- You have some working knowledge of ETL and data warehousing concepts.
- You have exceptional communication skills and can manage stakeholder priorities directly.
- You are responsive, team-oriented and comfortable working in an organization that gives you freedom and responsibility.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Presto, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark, Scala, etc).
- Understanding and love of statistics.
- Subject matter knowledge of streaming internet video/audio and/or computer networking.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Android Engineer
Software Engineer, Los Angeles
Smarkets, Downtown Los Angeles
Staff SRE, Data - Logging
Box, Redwood City, CA
Sr Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Denver, Colorado
Solutions Engineer (Japanese Speaking)
Sales Engineer (Los Angeles, CA)
Okta, Los Angeles, CA