Clearance and Rights Counsel, Intellectual Property (Spain & LatAm)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- 3+ years of experience in film and/or television advising productions on different kind of intellectual property issues.
- Experience managing multiple projects, fast-paced clearance activities with production personnel, clearance firms and licensors of production materials; and organizing a high-volume of scripts, research reports, license agreements and other clearance documents.
- Experience negotiating and drafting license agreements for a wide variety of production materials for use in filmed entertainment.
- Familiarity with chain-of-title in connection with rights acquisitions in the media industry.
- General understanding of domestic IP law in SpLatam countries, including issues related with copyright and trademarks (as well as a general understanding of personality rights and freedom of speech).
- Understanding of how filmed entertainment is developed and produced.
- Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
- Clear, concise communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and creative thinking.
- Capacity to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Curious and eager to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Fluency in Spanish is required (but Portuguese is a plus!).
- Law degree optional, but preferred.
- Sense of humour!
- Reviewing scripts, evaluating art, wardrobe, props and other production materials.
- Negotiating licenses when necessary.
- Conduct chain of title review and provide concise and pragmatic analysis.
- Conduct due diligence on rights acquisitions.
- Implement efficient workflows for production clearance and chain of title review.
- Keep apprised of developments in the entertainment industry and adjust Netflix’s rights and copyright-related practices accordingly.
- Document and template management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with outside counsel and vendors.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, ML
Liftoff, Palo Alto
Director of Product Analytics
MoneyLion, San Francisco
Content Marketer/Writer (Contractor)
CareSkore, San Francisco/Bay Area
iOS Software Engineer, Transportation
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Sr. Corporate Account Manager
CloudHealth Technologies, San Francisco, CA
Reddit, San Francisco