Counsel, Content & Brand IP (Brazil)
Netflix, Alphaville, Brazil
Leading subscription service for watching TV episodes and movies
- 8+ years experience of working as an IP lawyer in the entertainment industry.
- Extensive experience in filmed entertainment and the production process, with experience managing film and/or television production personnel, script researchers and outside vendor, and negotiating and drafting license agreements for a wide variety of production materials.
- Deep knowledge of IP law in Brazil (and working knowledge of IP law in other LatAm markets), including all issues related to copyright, brand protection, personality rights, and principles of free speech.
- Production clearance experience in film and/or television.
- Experience with chain of title review, analysis and copyright transactions.
- Experience managing heavy workflow independently.
- Outstanding communication skills and a bias toward creative thinking.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative and responds positively to change and new ideas.
- Curious and eager to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Fluency in Portuguese is required. Spanish is a huge plus (but not required)!
- Law degree required.
- Sense of humor!
- Identify IP-related risks in our content and communicate them to the necessary stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business and legal affairs teams to acquire and develop IP, then shepherd it through production and distribution.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with leading law firms that specialize in entertainment and IP.
- Coordinate IP strategy claims with local counsel.
- Implement production clearance strategies for Brazilian and other LatAm content.
- Conduct chain of title review and provide concise and pragmatic analysis.
- Conduct due diligence on complex rights acquisitions.
- Negotiating and drafting license agreements for a wide variety of production materials.
- Rapidly respond to production clearance issues.
- Serve as internal, cross-functional expert on all areas of Brazilian IP law.
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 100 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Want to learn more about Netflix? Visit Netflix's website.
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Creative Team, Art Director/Copywriter
The Trade Desk, New York, NY
Customer Success Manager (German & English-Speaking)
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Engineering Manager - Content Creative Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test - Cloud
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
IT Infrastructure Engineer
HelloFresh, Grand Prairie, TX
Senior Image Processing / Computer Vision Software Engineer, VR
Lytro, Mountain View, CA